[pct-l] bounce boxes

patti kulesz peprmintpati88 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 20 14:40:50 CDT 2009

In the beginning of my hike, I decided to go without a bounce box and just carry those extra little things to save money for postage...but soon discovered that those little things add up to big things in the long run and it really sux in the heat and those serious elevations in the snow. My bounce box wasn't any bigger than the largest priority mail box and it contained stuff like chargers, shampoo, soap, sox, stamps, extra food, ziplocks, TP, etc. the only problem I found with the bounce is that ur schedule doesn't always mesh with the PO or where ever it is getting delivered to so if there is something REALLY important in there...I wouldn't suggest u bounce it. For instance...I carried my Passport card and entry to CA papers the entire time...just in case. I got the card as opposed to the book as it saved in weight and space...plus I didn't have to worry about it getting wet.

patti