[pct-l] bounce box - Some Ideas for Contents

Jim BayGarden jkeener at baygardeners.com
Tue Oct 20 14:33:03 CDT 2009

Okay, the usual caveat: what you want and/or need depends on your
overall hiking and resupply preferences.

I used a five gallon plastic bucket and think now that it was too big.
I did not need nearly so much to be forwarding to myself and paying
for all that postage! Most post offices have Priority Mail boxes and I
have found those to be very useful.

As far as contents, here are some ideas. I would not necessarily want
to carry all this, but offer the list as a starting place - a pick and
choose kind of thing:

cotton swabs
towelettes
batteries
charger(s)
spare sunglasses
DEET
socks - mine tended to wear out pretty quickly
map packets (like Yogi describes)
a laptop
hard-to-find condiments
really good coffee and plastic filter holder and filters for that
great cup of coffee in town
AquaMira
spare water filter element
hair clippers with #1 and #3 attachments
fingernail and toenail clippers
pen/pencil
gadget manuals

Walk well,