[pct-l] US tourist visa to thru hike

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Sun Oct 18 03:12:53 CDT 2009

My visa (coming from New Zealand) was for 6 months at a time over the
next 10 years. I found the guy at the embassy to be really interested
in what I was up to, of course your milage may vary but it helps to be
keen about what you're doing and to show you have something to return
to. I took a note from my boss saying I had only been given 6 months
leave. It helps avoid them thinking we're going to be overstayers. If
your friend can get something like that together they'll have a good
chance. I managed to get in, walk and back in via from Canada and fly
back home within 6 months but since Canada doesn't register when you
come in, maybe they could try telling the border people they've been
at Manning Park for weeks.

~Craig