[pct-l] Favorite Parts of the PCT

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Mon Oct 12 12:56:25 CDT 2009

Rather than a section, I'll highlight a camp spot.  It's above the
McKenzie Highway at the foot of Little Brother in the Sisters.  ON the
maps its called Sawyers Bar.  It's a flat, sandy spot, protected on the
north by a 40' high ridge of lava and on the north by the mountain
slopes.  It's got a little creek flowing through it, and it's warm and
quiet and a nice break from the previous miles of huge views of the
Three Sisters and other peaks.  A 100 yard hike south goes to the top of
the pass there and a view to the north of Washington, 3-fingered jack,
jefferson, hood and adams - on a clear day.  And because it is high and
dry, there were relatively few mosquitos compared to sisters mirror lake
and environs...  Maybe that's why I like it so much...

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD