[pct-l] Have had a hard time convincing my hiking partner...

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 20:08:39 CST 2009

I'm really glad that NOBO thru-hike schedule pressure caused me to enter the
Sierras in early June when I went through (2008).   I liked the Sierras so
well (first time for me) that if at all possible I'll go back through
another year with my wife, and we'll go at a different time of year --- so
I'll end up seeing it in two very different conditions.   The melting snow
and snow in general made for slower, harder going at times, but it indeed
was truly beautiful, and a very special time to be there with, I believe, a
lot less people going through at that time of year.

Bottom line is that you might consider the idea of doing the Sierras twice,
once this coming year in typical thru-hiker schedule, and then just plan to
do it.

Brian Lewis / Gadget '08
http://postholer.com/brianle