[pct-l] How you hiked your hike

Josh 559josh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 18:11:33 CST 2009

Austin,
I took the poll.  Very nice.  I wish more would take it.  It only takes a
few mins.

1 thing that I think you should change somehow: The Question about $$$ of a
PCT Thru-hike.  I SERIOUSLY doubt, that the majority of thru hikers can
thru-hike the PCT which includes Clothes, Gear, Food, Water, Transportation,
Lodging (in town), etc. for UNDER $6000!  But so far, the majority of those
polled have put <$6k.  I THINK that they're NOT including the cost of the
gear.  I mean, if one is to consider Pack, Tarp/Tent, multiple pairs of
shoes/Boots, Stove, and a few misc tools, you're basically looking at around
$1k or even more if you begin your hike early & require pricier cold-weather
gear.  From what others have said in past PCT-L Posts, the typical cost ~$5
or $6k PLUS GEAR.  That's just my 2c.

Maybe the best way is for others on this list to take the poll while taking
careful consideration to that Q.

http://www.planyourhike.com/polls/

Josh