[pct-l] Desperately seeking hikemates from class of 1980

Ernie Castillo erniec01 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 24 17:15:42 CST 2009

It's been nearly 30 years since I hiked the Pacific Crest Trail, starting in Mexico, finishing in Canada but -- contrary to the info posted on the web site -- I am not a true "2600-miler." and in 1980, who was? Remember Mt. St. Helens? Remember the earthquake that hit Mammoth Lakes? Remember the story about one of the "Revolving Raman" members being sidelined in Southern California after shin splints turned to thrombophlebitis when he had to walk down the unfinished trail from the Angeles forest to the desert floor? (Information that said that portion of the trail was completed in 1979 proved false to those who had to painstakingly make the descent over the blasted rocks. ) Nevertheless, I consider myself a proud member of the class of 1980, even though I calculate I can only qualify for the 1750-mile club. I desperately seek hikemates from that class and would even suggest a reunion in Wrightwood for alumni who reside in or around Southern California.

Ernie Castillo
erniec01 at hotmail.com
248 884 5201