[pct-l] Crystal Nezgoda added you as a friend on MyLife

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Mon Nov 23 10:45:27 CST 2009

Sadly, many of those sort of sites have a "Notify your friends to come
join you on <insert name of bullshit social networking site>?" and it
seems pretty innocuous...

Then it mails every address in your address book!

Schmucks.  The sites that is, they pray on people's trusting nature
and basic naivete about the Internet.  Just as sad, most of these
sites also display all the information you put in, unless you tell
them NOT too, working on the assumption of "why would you create an
account if you didn't want everyone (anyone!) to know this stuff?"

BillB
Information Security Consultant