[pct-l] Where to Retire

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 19 21:44:43 CST 2009

I lived in Arnold, up the hill from Angels Camp, for 7 years.  It would also be a good spot.  There's a balance to be struck, however.  At 4000 ft., Arnold is solidly in the snow belt.  Murphys, between the two, is well below that, but like Angels, gets pretty darned warm and dry in the summer.  Along the Hwy 4 corridor, I'd recommend the small community of Forest Meadows.  Near the lower edge of the yellow pine belt, it's high enough above Murphys to not be sweltering in the summer, but doesn't get nearly as much snow as Arnold.  It's also that much closer to great hiking in the not-so-high Sierra.

-Nate the Trail Zombie
Newberg, OR

When you know where the trail goes
It doesn't matter if you're fast or slow