[pct-l] Headlamps

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 10 20:21:00 CST 2009

For an all-purpose headlamp, I like the Energizer one.

 $12, comes with batteries, runs on AAA batteries you can pick up anywhere and weighs 2.5 oz.   It is my all purpose
one as I love the easy WHITE/OFF/RED  led switch. (a red LED is great
for night hikes and other times when you don't want to disturb people).
http://snipurl.com/t6dzo   [www_amazon_com]

You can even pick it up at Wally World. It is always stashed in my daypack.

For walking around the neighborhood, you probably don't need anything too much fancier. :)

(I use a different one for backpacking FWIW)

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art
http://www.facebook.com/pmags