[pct-l] for hikers with extensive backpacking experience

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 10 00:36:59 CST 2009

Have you ever met the SYMG people?  I met a bunch of them in Joshua
Tree a few years back and really don't cotton to folks who act like
they own a place.  They were pulling all sorts of stunts they were not
supposed to be doing to run their business there.  I also think that
anyone pays to go along the high route does not belong there for a
number of reasons.  For one thing it is hard going.  Some of it, like
the trail sections and Humphreys Basin are relatively easy for most
folks, but I think most folks wouldn't make it that far and be crying
before they get to Marion Lake.
I hope I run into those folks.  When is this trip, I'd like to cross
their path and send them out of the Sierra with don't come back
ringing in their ears...