[pct-l] CATRA & JOE

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun May 31 12:07:37 CDT 2009

Hi gang,
Just to let you know that my buddy Joe and  ''sultry''  Catra will be
competing in the  ''San Diego 100 mile endurance race''  this coming
weekend.

Aaaahhhhh..........''CATRA''.......I still remember when we met that
moonlit summer night, in the hut on top of Mount Whitney, in the summer
of 2004 .
I was sleeping in the hut on the eve of my sub 5 unsupported JMT record
attempt and you had just finished the first leg of your JMT yo-yo record
attempt when you stormed into the hut and into my life.
We both were lonely and needed each other.
But soon you were gone and I was left there all alone tossing and
turning and calling your name.
Then shortly after midnight, on shaky knees, I was speeding down the
JMT  with  ''CATRA''  on my mind.
Needless to say, I was unsuccessful and finished in 5 days, 7 hrs, 45
minutes instead.

DO  YOU  REMEMBER  CATRA!!!

Boy, I wish I could be there!!!......Unfortunately I will be in San
Antonio for the Echo 2/7 Marines Reunion drinking with my
Vietnam War buddies with  ''CATRA''  on my mind.

JMT Reinhold
Still dreaming about Catra.