[pct-l] Crater Lake in late June

Margarete Hochhut hochhut at web.de
Thu May 28 09:28:14 CDT 2009

I've been in the Diamond Lake/Mtn Thielsen Area last year early July.
HUGE amounts of snow. Especially  the tree covered areas. Slow, slow walking with lots of navigation. Inside forest first time in my hiking life I  had to depend on  GPS. Where the snow was gone billions and trillions of mossies. Honestly, I had no fun and went off the trail after 4 days, or so. But last year was an unusuall snow year, I was on my own and I am not a really strong hiker. Conditions change every year.
Good luck
Rita, Frankfurt, Germany