[pct-l] Road to VVR

Denis Stanton denisstanton at mac.com
Sun May 24 20:47:52 CDT 2009

I picked up on the VVR road thread because I'm thinking about that
road for a different reason.  I'm looking for a ride out of VVR, or
comments on the chances of getting one

As part of a 20-year thru hike plan I'm tackling the section from
Vidette Meadows to VVR this year.  I'm starting from Roads End in
Kings Canyon on June 13th or 14th (depending on how long it takes to
get there from San Francisco) and hiking 100 miles up the PCT to Lake
Edison.  I'm then hoping to hitch back to Fresno from VVR.  I move
slower than most of you PCT stars and I'm only planning on 12 mile
days so I expect to get to VVR on Tuesday 23rd June.  If anyone has re-
supply supporter leaving VVR by road about then it would be great to
get a lift and share gas money as appropriate.  If not, I'm hoping to
hitch out to somewhere where I can catch a bus.  I have to be back in
San Francisco on Friday 26th June to fly home to New Zealand.

Suggestions and comments welcome

Denis