[pct-l] Wolves in the Sierra.... I think not.

Christopher Kopp christopher.kopp at gmail.com
Fri May 22 11:02:41 CDT 2009

Ned stated in his original post that there are wolves in Inyo NF and
Yosemite NP???!  As far as I can tell, there are no wolves in Inyo NF or
Yosemite NP, or for that matter, in the whole state of CA.  You may find
that people claim to have seen wolves in the Sierra but what they likely saw
was a coyote.  Coyote does not  = wolf.  As far as the bears and mountain
lions and their danger to hikers, I think that has been covered so I won't
repeat those data.