[pct-l] Just one statistic...

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Fri May 22 01:37:23 CDT 2009

Speaking about bears.............

We had a hiker shot and killed up north of here on the PCT last year. She
was a local hiker with a big pack. A 14 year old thought she was a bear and
shot. It was a tragic event and we are now buying orange t-shirts and
cutting them into strips. I'll be forcibly tying strips to each hiker's
pack when they head back on the trail. It could have been one of my hikers.
I don't ever want something like that to happen. When hunting season hits up
here to really need to be instantly identifiable.

PCT MOM