[pct-l] That guy with the Appendectomy from the Kickoff is in Big Bear!

Andy safetypci at aim.com
Tue May 19 11:02:49 CDT 2009

Yes, I'm still alive! Walking/crawling from my campsite to the registration tent a few weeks ago at the KO was a slow and?ardious process, but now?just over a month after the Appendectomy (just over a week of rest at Scout and Frodo's, starting the Trail on May 5), I've made it to Big Bear. Now my next brush with death is from the several septillion watts of the sun frying by brain on the treeless stretches.? The first few days were rough, with an abdominal cramp stopping me in my tracks here and there, but after that passed, things have gotten smoother every day. While I didn't get to meet most?at the KO, I've met several on the trail that have heard of the "appendectomy guy". Time to head north!

-Bruiser (formerly Skygod)
http://andylinger.com/TripleCrown/PCT09/