[pct-l] Trail Closed at Belden

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Thu May 14 21:13:23 CDT 2009

Good question. I know a lot of hikers plan on picking up last year's
100-mile fire closure, and this sure puts a damper on those plans
(including mine!).

What's he's talking about: On the PCTA Trail Conditions page:

5/12/2009
 The PCT is closed from Belden, Hwy 70 crossing, north for approximately
5 miles to the Plumas--Lassen National Forest boundaries due to last
year's fires, extensive blow down and poor trail conditions.

All I found on the Plumas NF website was a closure order from August
saying the trail was closed until the fire was "suppressed," with that
orders still "in effect."
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/plumas/forest_orders/orders/08/10_08_forest_orde
r_pct.pdf

AsABat