[pct-l] How do people comunicate via internet from the trail

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Wed May 13 15:44:41 CDT 2009

Crystal,
I assume you are asking about journaling/blogging and hikers do it
both ways, either from computers in towns along the trial (library,
trail angels house, etc.) or using some type of smart cell phone from
the trial (iphone, Blackberry, windows mobile phone, etc.). A device
called pocket mail (pocketmail.com) was popular in the past, but more
and more people are moving to smartphones.

I am compiling a list of where cell phones work along the PCT that you
can see here:
http://www.pctmap.net/cell/index.html

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

-Halfmile