[pct-l] Knee Surgery

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at gmail.com
Wed May 13 14:03:48 CDT 2009

Trekker,  I'm glad you're for the most part, O.K.
I have a friend who's had both knees done, tho separately several years ago,
like maybe 15 and 13.  While she's never been a hiker and has a back
problem, you'd never know from her range of activity, that her knees weren't
her own.  And at 76, she walks 5 miles a day, spends time on a treadmill,
does all her own gardening, etc.  An MRI of the left knee should tell the
tale of it's fate.
She's pretty remarkable....
I've got my fingers crossed for you.  There may be the same fate in store
for me if I screw my left knee up again...running out of meniscus to trim
away. (sigh, groan!).  Trail Angel or PCT hiker...doesn't much matter, a
replacement would stop either one dead in our tracks for a while.
But...only for a while!  See ya in 2010!
Or whatever happens, if you get bored, the summer circus is at the
Hideaway!...come see for yourself and walk around here to
recuperate.........
FireFly