[pct-l] Watch for falling trees

The Incredible Bulk ki6asp at gmail.com
Wed May 13 09:50:24 CDT 2009

My brother and I saw a tree fall when we were backpacking the Northville to
Lake Placid trail in New York in the 1970s.  They do make noise when they
fall!

I will never forget the owl.  We arrived late at the trailhead the first
evening, and hiked in about one mile and setup cowboy camp.  The next
morning, lying in my sleeping bag, I looked up into the trees, and almost
directly overhead was the largest owl I have ever seen, even to this day.  I
think he sitting there trying to determine if we were to be breakfast or
not.

That is/was(?) a wonderful trail, in case anyone needs a diversion from the
AT and Adirondack High Peak region.  I don't know the trail's status today,
but if I am ever back east, I will hike it again.

--
Tom KI6ASP
The Incredible Bulk