[pct-l] Late Departures - how late is too late for a thru hike?

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Thu May 7 15:55:30 CDT 2009

Danny,
I would think very warm temperatures will be your main issues.

You can see National Weather Service climate information here:
http://www.weather.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=lox

Checking the Palmdale CA (about 20 miles from Agua Dulce) summary for June 2008
high temperature was 106 degrees
average high was 95.2
max temperature above 90 degrees - 24 days

For July 2008
high temperature was 112
average high was 99.8
max temperature above 90 degrees - 31 days

-Halfmile