[pct-l] Sleeping quilts

Geoff me8938 at yahoo.com
Wed May 6 01:32:35 CDT 2009

Yup. Eric is right. Cut your sleeping bag to separate
the bottom and top halves and you have a quilt. They
are typically made from a soft ripstop nylon with mesh
baffles that keep the down in chambers. They are quite
light and very compressible.

You can see some commercial quilts made for hammocks
here

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Wearable%20Quilts.htm

and here

http://www.speerhammocks.com/Products/SnugFit.htm

These are expensive but they are really nice. You can
also go the DIY route as I've done. I'm working on
quilt #3 at the moment.

FreeTheWeasel

http://www.bozemanmountainworks.com/?do=showproduct&id=41