[pct-l] Fwd: Skirts (for women)

The Incredible Bulk ki6asp at gmail.com
Tue May 5 23:04:37 CDT 2009

I thought other list members would like to see my response to Piper
regarding man skirts.

Piper,
I too am looking at using a skirt for a man, a kilt.  Bought it last year
but never used it.  I have an opportunity to use it this coming Memorial
Day, and if the weather is pleasant from Trail Pass to Kennedy Meadows, I
will try it.

I would think the flapping kilt fabric and leg motion would keep the mossies
at bay.

I wear shorts for most hikes anyway, so my legs are already scratched.  I
prefer the freedom and can put up with the cuts.

Kilts are wide by nature of their pleats.  I have a Sport Kilt, in Pacific
Crest Blue plaid.  A beauty.  Look them up online - located in Signal Hill,
CA.  They make them for women, too.

--
Tom KI6ASP
The Incredible Bulk