[pct-l] I hinted at this topic, hiking alone

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon May 4 22:24:28 CDT 2009

On May 4, 2009, at 6:28 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> How many days have you guys ever gone totally on your own hiking,
> say without socializing in a common campsite in the evening, not
> counting an occassional brief greeting on the trail?

On the PCT I don't think I ever went even one day without at least a
brief greeting. I had only 2 nights in a campsite alone before
Kennedy Meadows and then it was almost every night after that. I only
went to Dunsmuir, so things may have gotten more solitary for me if I
had made it further. Even so, I kept to myself mostly and so the
experience was more solitary than sociable for me.

This year I may go 7 days straight on my own without seeing another
person, but it won't be on the PCT.