[pct-l] White Pass to Cascade Locks

Jim Ostdick palomino.pct at gmail.com
Mon May 4 13:39:05 CDT 2009

The original thread, I think, had to do with how a section hiker might leave
a vehicle at White Pass and get from White Pass to Cascade Locks with
minimal hitching. Hitch to Yakima. Greyhound to Hood River. CAT shuttle to
Cascade Locks. Walk to White Pass.

Hood River is also a bigger town than Cascade Locks with more services if
they are needed. I doubt that many thru-hikers would go there because you
want to push north to beat the weather. Section hikers tend to explore lots
of  planning options because of shuttle logistics and different time
considerations.