[pct-l] Just going to put this out there for Metzger to consider

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Sun May 3 19:23:07 CDT 2009

Learn what?  I figured one thing out that I learned reading most of the
posts here, that hiking the PCT has become somewhat of a joke.  Is this list
here to baby folks along who probably shouldn't be out there to begin with?
If you can't let a little verbal comment slide off because you disagree with
someone else's sense of humor I feel sorry for you.  I'd rather buy Reinhold
a beer near some Sierra trailhead this summer than try and get along with a
bunch of sissies that can not leave home without an electronic umbilical
coil, like GPS, sat phones, email etc, etc...  Makes me kinda wonder about
some of you all.  Just because the trail is there does not necessarily mean
everyone should be out there.  Next time a thru-hiker hits me up for a ride
to town I'm gonna inquire if they have a phone and if so then suggest they
call a cab.
I've read some good stuff here, most of it humor actually, but as far as
actually helpful information regarding the PCT it's pretty thin with an
awful amount of needles and repetitive information that is starting to
irritate me to the point I figure to just turn it off any day now.  I think
there are two people hiking currently I hope to meet, and that's about it.
Not a very good percentage in my book, not enough to intice me to want to
hike along the trail and be a part of the flow and what's going on.  Nope,
this list caused me to change my mind about the PCT, and the way people are
approaching it.  Hike your own hike for sure, but please do it somewhere I
don't have to associate with you all.