[pct-l] knees

neil petersen neildpetersen at gmail.com
Fri May 1 14:18:01 CDT 2009

a little late on my post but as far as knees go they are key to walking so
taking care of them is key. i had a meniscus removal and repair surgery july
08 and have just really begun hiking again this calendar year. based on what
i have read i would say strectching is key and as all new reading material
suggests dynamic stretching is best. also as far as hiking goes itself i
would recomment hiking poles. i have gotten a pair (my first ever) from
gossamer gear their light trekking 4 poles i believe is the name. and as far
as the few weekend trips and day hikes i have taken they are wonderful. so
light weight you wont even notice you are carrying them yet they seem sturdy
as can be. as for lots of ibprufen i dont really agree as this is ultimately
masking the pain, obvoiuosly it will be necesary some of the time just dont
get so into it you ignore pain that might be a major problem.
-neil