[pct-l] Singing at the April Kickoff

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Mar 29 02:22:59 CDT 2009

Gunga Din and Campsite Marauder AsABat writes: I think we have a deal. We will double our original offer, and throw some tomatoes, uh, I mean throw in some dinner as well. L-Rod was not part of the original deal, and while we very much would like to have her there. We will triple your pay if she does perform with you. However, note that we already have a binding contract, and your failure to perform will have grave consequences on your future as a Trail Pirate.

I know nothing about toilet papering your campsite (but hey, if anyone wants to punk Switchback’s camp this year, I will make sure security stays away while you do so). I do recall your campsite was littered with much trash last year. Hikers should also note that I believe Switchback was served a summons a couple years ago by the Campo sheriff for fraud, misrepresentation of his services, and dereliction of duty as a Trail Pirate.
Switchback the Trail Pirate replies: I love this.  Marauder tries to pull a Switchback on me.  He and his Kickoff gang will double or triple something that is a given anyway.  Dinner.  Then for good measure the innocent and pure Switchback is threaten with a vegetable onslaught.  The humble Servant of the Hiker is placed on the Lake Morena bounty list with the authorities.  A mob is encouraged to hunt Switchback down and punk his simple, tranquil, and peaceful home in Mother Nature.  Nice.  I have heard of singing20for your dinner, but this is ridiculous.

I know.  The Female Terminator Leadership Types will protect me.  They make good bouncers and coolers for trail town hiker saloons, etc.  Why not enlist their help at the Kickoff?  No problem.  At the Warner Springs Resort dinners on Wednesday and Thursday we will plan a counterattack and later sit around the pool strategying.