[pct-l] electrolytes

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Mar 27 16:21:38 CDT 2009

I like Crystal Light Hydration. Lemonade flavor. I don't like the
sugary drinks. They are usually too sweet. I can't stand anything
with corn syrup in it. I have never liked the taste. I have also
enjoyed Electrolyte Stamina packets. It's fizzy like Emergency-C or
however you spell it.

Some real lemonade, though, would have really hit the spot for me.
With ice and real lemons and sugar. God, I would have enjoyed that
more than anything I ever found in a cooler on the trail or anything
I ordered in a restaurant or anything specially formulated by a
scientist.

The worst hydration I experienced on the trail last year was
approaching Walker Pass. There is a big burn area. It was so hot
through there. I got hypnatremia on the way to the campground at
Walker Pass. I had to tell myself to stop drinking and wait until I
could get some cool water from the trough (moo moo I was starting to
feel like a cow by then) and make some lemonade. I got to lick the
crumbs out of a bag of potato chips, too. Mmmm potato chips. The
perfect trail food. Carbos, fat and salt.