[pct-l] Restless Herd

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Mar 27 10:10:45 CDT 2009

Unsupported JMT Reinhold writes:?The herd is getting awfully restless and downright nasty, even attacking each other...."Barn Fever" has broken out.?This site needs some Switchback humor to calm the herd. Give us your best stuff and you better make it quick.?
Switchback replies:?Well, I would not get too upset.? We?remember that we are brothers and sisters of the Trail.? We might have our disagreements about things, but in the end we are one and would sacrifice for one another.? Politics, religion, poor, rich, Light Weight philosophies, Female Terminators, Trail Pirate Bounty Hunters, Trail Angel, Herd folks, Kickoff attendees, Kickoff boycotter, Thru Hiker, Section Hiker, Purist, Corridor Hiker, White Blazer, Yellow Blazer, record setting Flip Flopper, Day Hiker, etc., it does not matter.? We are all Hiker Trash in the end and very proud of it.? And proud to be part of this truly unique community.? I know I am.

Say, on a more serious note, I wonder what scams I can pull down at the Kickoff this year?? I usually pick up hikers along the roads and take them to Julian for breakfast or lunch on Wednesday and Thursday.? I know I will leave some Julian pantries at the Pioneer Mail campground, but only the ones I like.? Only sugar-free ones.? The hikers will think they are getting super power food and then will crash?down the trail from lack of energy.? This is too cool.? Hikers laying all over the trail between Pioneer Mail and Scissors Crossings.