[pct-l] How many bottles of Aqua Mira did you use?

Julian Plamann julian at amity.be
Thu Mar 26 16:21:29 CDT 2009

Here in California, the only way I can get Aqua Mira is by ordering it
online. I'd like to have enough on hand before I head out on my thru this
year to stick in my mail drops, but I'm unsure how many bottles I'll end up
needing.
I'm looking for info from people who thru-hiked the trail in the past using
the following treatment strategy:
No filter, just Aqua Mira for all questionable water sources ... and no
treatment whatsoever where the source is likely to be clean (much of the
Sierra and other areas with fast-moving streams directly fed by visible
snowmelt).

I've currently got two sets of bottles and am just wondering how much more
I'll need. I've never used Aqua Mira in the past as I've always gone the
iodine route so it's hard to estimate.

Thanks a lot!
Julian