[pct-l] resupply

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 14:40:13 CDT 2009

Here's a few of what you are asking for farther north.  If you have Yogi's
guide you can double check some of this info.  Paradise Cafe IS listed
there.

See you on the trail

Monty

OREGON

Greensprings Inn  (call to confirm for this year)

There's a second Ashland, Oregon exit about 18 miles later that's about a
mile from a business that accepts packages.  It's about a mile east of the
PCT at the Greensprings Summit/Hwy 66.  They have a restaurant there.
www.greenspringsinn.com

c/o Green Springs Inn

11470 Hwy 66

Ashland, Or 97520

 (541) 482-0614
Email: info at greenspringsinn.com

Tuesday use to be AYCE Spaghetti night.

Lake of the Woods Resort

If you take the original PCT (Alternate) north of Hyatt Lake you pass by
Lake of the Woods Resort on the NE side of Lake of the Woods.

They use to take packages.  I would ask them about the hours they are
available to access those packages.  The General Store there has limited
groceries.  I bought a pound of cheese there a couple years ago.
http://www.lakeofthewoodsresort.com/

Diamond Lake

http://www.diamondlake.net

Just north of Crater Lake (in the guidebook) is an alternate that takes you
to Diamond Lake.  I think this may have been the original PCT.

Toward the south end of the lake is a free campground, a limited grocery
store and very good pizza.  I buy a huge pizza and bag up the leftovers as
resupply.  On the north side is a resort, another limited grocery store, a
restaurant that I found pricey for very average food, and a small limited
hour post office.  The post master was giving out free stamped post cards to
thru hikers.

Everything is centrally located including a picnic table in a grassy area on
the lake right in the middle of the store, post office and resort.

I suggest you eat at the pizza place and not the resort restaurant.

Washington

The Stabler Store

One mile south on Wind River Road at mile 2189.1

There's a sign.  They accept packages and have a large selection of Ben and
Jerry's.

Nice people.  Hiker friendly couple.

They have been for sale for some time..Call first 509.427.2717

c/o Stabler Country Store

22 Hemlock Y Road

Carson, WA 98610

Lightweight Backpacking
The fun goes up when the weight goes down
-Warner Springs Monty