[pct-l] resupply

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Thu Mar 26 12:43:33 CDT 2009

Tooley wrote:
> I am thru hiking the PCT this year, I am aware of the listed resuppy
> points, but would like to know if there are other points not listed
> that might be closer to the trail such as the Paradise cafe near
> Idyllwild CA. Thanks, CT

There is no definitive list of resupply points. If you want to send a
package to Paradise Cafe, contact them and see if they will hold it for
you. You will need to stop there for water anyway.

But I don't really see the point. Paradise Cafe is only two days out of
Warner Springs, and two days prior to Idyllwild via the Devil Slide
trail. If you don't resupply in Idyllwild, you will need to stop in
Cabazon, or carry enough food to get you to Big Bear Lake, either of
which will defeat your purpose.

The only reason I can see to resupply at PC is if you are buying as you
go, and don't want to try to buy more than 2 day's worth at the mini
mart in WS. But if you buy as you go, you will still want to stop in
Idyllwild, since it has a good grocery store, located, BTW, next door to
the PO.