[pct-l] stoves and water filters

Romano Scaturro romano at swiftwireless.com
Thu Mar 26 08:27:05 CDT 2009

Hi Bethany,

I just replaced my 20 year old Whisperlite Int. with a new Primus Varifuel
from Campmor.  I used it once in the garage and it seems nice, but who
knows.  I'll know better after this summer.  All I do know is it burns
different types of gas and kerosene which can be nice when traveling (in a
pinch you can use regular unleaded, just be prepared to clean the fuel
line).

 I also considered going with a canister stove and even Nesbit tablets, but
in the end decided against it because I didn't want to lug around the
canisters and I use the stove alot making it more cost efficient to go with
a gas stove.  I also have alot of MSR fuel bottles which can be used with
Primus and it was cheap: $50.

On the filter topic, I'm on the same boat as you. I have an old, big and
heavy Pur water filter I'ld like to replace but am not sure with what.  I'm
thinking of going with AquaMira but still like the idea of having a filter
as they're fast and convienent.  Let me know what you decide.

Romano.