[pct-l] Arizona flip-flop

mark v allemande6 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 22 17:48:17 CDT 2009

Romano, i live in Tucson and had a strange start to my thru hike last year.  I only had 4-1/2 months to hike, so i got a headstart by hiking the border to Warner Springs in winter.

You might find 2 problems with the plans you suggested.  One is that in early April, Section B's higher elevations will be a challenge, and it would be sad to walk around those.  The other problem is that you may find you have found people you like hiking with who won't be pausing or flipping up to Canada at Kennedy Meadows.

So, both versions are possible, but if your schedule/life allow i'd just get a headstart early, stop when you hit snow, and pick it up again a little later, heading north all the way to Canada.