[pct-l] toothpaste

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Sun Mar 22 10:23:05 CDT 2009

I checked out the toothpowder site.  The main ingredient is baking soda (at
least for the cinnamon flavor, couldn't find ingredients for the mint).  You
could probably save money on just taking that on a hike.  Alot of people
during the Great Depression used it to brush their teeth.  Another
advantage: you can swallow the baking soda (it's a good source of sodium).
Only problem I can see is the lack of a fluoride treatment.  I've asked my
dentist for his ideas on this, but he doesn't understand the life of a hiker
:-)......
Elderly Ellen