[pct-l] Absent at Kick Off

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Sat Mar 21 13:19:05 CDT 2009

Jon Sestak wrote:
> My friend and I will be starting in Campo on April 8th and going half
> pace for the first couple of weeks because we are from the flat
> midwest and have been mostly cooped up for the winter.

There will be a couple of sections where water will force you to hike
faster.

> We are both very sad that we will miss out on the Kick Off, and
> especially sad that we cannot even get a bandanna.  I apologize if
> there is an easy way to do this, but is there any way we can order a
> bandanna?

I believe left overs are sent to Hiker Heaven.

> Or, I vaugely remember in the forums someone saying there might be a
> shuttle somewhere for people starting early?  I would happily chip in
> on gas and anything else if we could meet someone a few hundred miles
> into the hike who was going to Kick Off.

Check the ride board on the ADZ web site. It should be easy to get a
ride from as far as Warner Springs. If you are not stopped by snow, you
will probably be farther than that, but it is worth a try.