[pct-l] start date from campo considering snow levels

sub150 at juno.com sub150 at juno.com
Thu Mar 19 20:36:05 CDT 2009

Hello,
I plan on averaging 30 miles per day for this year's PCT thru-hike. Any thoughts on leaving early May versus leaving at the kickoff to allow for more snow melt in the San Jacintos and the Sierras? I'm a little concerned about reaching Kennedy Meadows too early if I leave from the kickoff. Barring any major storms between now and then, what do you think the snowpack will be like at Forrester Pass in late May/early June? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.