[pct-l] hiking the CDT...with a baby in the belly!!!!!!

Umstead Tim-MGI1984 tumstead at motorola.com
Mon Mar 16 16:53:16 CDT 2009

My wife and I hiked from Campo to Big Bear when she was 4 months
pregnant with our first child.  For the most part she did not have a
problem, although she was very fatigued all of the time.  Her body was
doing a lot more work, creating life and hiking.  At the end of most
days all she would want to do is curl up and sleep.  There were days
when her back and head would hurt, but a nap and a message would help.
We had several days of triple digit heat and that was very difficult.
Just so you know we did average 22 miles a day; lower then our normal
pace, but not bad considering.  All and all we are glade we did it.