[pct-l] Pork and the PCT

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Mar 15 10:10:08 CDT 2009

Snow Bunny Unsupported Reinhold writes: I agree, $ 5 million should be the minimum and it should all be specifically earmarked for PCT thru-hikers.?I mean homeless people living in tarp tents, like a bunch of Nomads, on the PCT is just outrageous.?They should at leased be able to afford free standing tents and hands free unbrellas.?Don't you agree??
Switchback the Trail Pirate replies: Yes, the PCT should be the Lexus of trails.? We need shelters with running water every 15 miles on the PCT.? Also, Internet hook up and cell phone coverage.? The trail should be about 8 feet wide all the way to Canada.? Nice soft crushed pebbles.? Good for horses and hikers.? No problem.? But no lying scum bag politicians on the trail or they will be made to walk the plank into Yosemite Valley from the top of Holf Dome with a copy of their campaign speeches tied around their neck.