[pct-l] trail fatalities

Georgi Heitman bobbnweav at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 18:33:51 CDT 2009

Three other trail fatalities that I'm aware of would be Recycle(ed?) in 2006
within just a few days of No Way
Ray's fall, and since he was new to the trail, not as quickly recalled.  He
fell at Kitchen Creek, maybe two days into his hike.  Was it that same year
that a (day?) hiker was found...I don't recall where, not at a spot, like
Kitchen or Deep Creeks, but more out in the middle of a really hot area down
south.  Two empty canteens were found behind him at spots a distance
apart...I remember reading here that knowledgeable hikers said they wouldn't
start that section with less than three 'containers' of water.  And in 2005,
hikers tell of seeing a red pack floating or caught in the ice in
Evolution?...I think so, Lake.  He (the body underneath the pack) had been a
weekender out on the trail from what I understood.  Saw a photo of that
pack, just out there by itself on the ice...got shivers.
Just here to upset the stats just a bit...and wishing they were being tilted
the other way................
FireFly