[pct-l] South PCT Trail Head

Amanda L Silvestri aslive at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 12 20:32:38 CDT 2009

I spoke to the permit office in Bishop this morning. I was inquiring about entering near Reds Meadow. They recommended entering at something called the South PCT Trail Head. I did not have my maps with me, as I was at work (don't tell) so I just accepted it. When I got home and looked at my guide book and the Tom Harrison and NFS maps, I was unable to find anything so marked. Could they have meant either Crater Mdw or Upper Crater Mdw? The office wase closed by the time I got home and I have not had the opportunity to call them back. Does anyone know this Trail Head?

Shepherd