[pct-l] Feet toughening

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Thu Mar 12 20:32:23 CDT 2009

On Mar 12, 2009, at 8:39 PM, Bradley Issler wrote:

> Just got a tip from a friend for toughening up feet and avoiding
> blisters.
> I was told that rubbing alcohol put on the feet will help avoid
> blisters.  I
> have also heard about using vinegar.  Any opinions?

It is really hard to come up with a foot care regiment
that works for everyone. You have to figure out
your own solution.  Other than having socks and
shoes that work with *your* feet. I find that the
following practices helped me a lot:

-- shoes and socks off at every break
-- swap socks, one pair on, other dries on
    back of pack
-- goldbond powder applied at breaks
-- BodyGlide applied to problem areas or
    hot spots at every break

It is important to deal with hot spots ASAP.  Don't
walk another two miles to your next break before
stopping and tending to foot problems.  That is
easily the difference between an annoyance and a
multi-day blister.

Gary (Radar) Wright