[pct-l] Feet toughening

Bradley Issler bradley.issler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 19:39:21 CDT 2009

Just got a tip from a friend for toughening up feet and avoiding blisters.
I was told that rubbing alcohol put on the feet will help avoid blisters.  I
have also heard about using vinegar.  Any opinions?

Also, I have varicose veins in my leg and sometimes wear compression socks.
I was planning on wearing those while I hike under a thicker pair of socks.
Anyone have any experience with long term hiking in compression socks?  I
will also ask my doctor just to be sure but any opinion would help.

Thanks as always,
Brad.