[pct-l] Denied Entry to Canada

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 16:36:22 CDT 2009

In reality, I would not sweat it.

Technically speaking, EVERY hiker is supposed to check themselves in at Hope, BC (IIRC) to
say they are now in Canada if coming from the PCT. I only know one hiker who did that
 (Iron Chef aka Matt Geiss here on PCT-L. They gave him some way cool rub on RCMP tattoos! :)

The border is in the middle of now-where.  The trail goes to the equivalent of a state park. I'd very surprised
if you see border patrol in the park in these cash-strapped times. You are more likely to have trouble getting back
IN to the US if you don't have the proper paper work.

I am not a LEO, lawyer or any kind of expert in customs. This is just my own
half-ass opinion. :)

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art