[pct-l] Dr. Bronner's

Emily Lawlor elawlor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 16:15:39 CDT 2009

I have been using Dr. Bronners for quite a few years and love it. A little
bit goes a long way. For example, when I want to wash my dishes, I use less
than a dime size in my pot, add water and its enough to clean any dishes I
may have plus some. I brought a 2 oz bottle with me to new zealand last year
and only used half of it on 600 miles of hiking. Also, its far better than
Purell, since to be most sanitary we need a soap wash. Purell seems to just
smear the dirt around on my hands. With a tiny drop of Dr. B's and some
water you can wash your hands. I also use it to do backcountry towel washes.
Even though it is biodegradable, it shouldn't be used in water sources, but
you can use a little bit and bottle of water to wash up. I will start the
trail with a 2 oz bottle and I put 3 more in my bounce box. I'm thinking
even that may be too much. It also doesn't hurt to bring a little sanitizer
to use after washing your hands. I hope that helps!
Emily