[pct-l] beer sights

annieguion at comcast.net annieguion at comcast.net
Sun Mar 8 20:05:52 CDT 2009

I used to work at a little brewery in Weed, CA, right in the shadow of Mt.
Shasta. The city water supply was essentially spring fed straight from the
mountain, and the brewery was hard-lined to the city's booster pumps, before
chlorination and all that other nasty treatment. The water was beyond good,
it was perfect. People would drive miles just for the water. And the beer
you could make from that!! Beyond words.

Unfortunately, I won't be carrying all the gear to make beer on
trail...though that would be a very interesting thing to try sometime! I'd
just recommend you sample the local flavors as you go. Let's see....Karl
Strauss and Pizza Port in San Diego, Big Bear Mountain Brewery in Big Bear
Lake, Fifty Fifty Brewing in Truckee, fresh Sierra Nevada in, well, the
Sierras of course!, Mt Shasta Brewing in Weed (my old haunts), Etna Brewing
in Etna, Standing Stone in Ashland, Dechutes and Bend Brewing in Bend, OR,
Three Creeks Brewing in Sisters, Full Sail in Hood River, Walking Man in
Stevenson, WA, all the incredible breweries of Portland, Snoqualmie Brewery
in Snoqualmie, Sky River Brewing in Sultan, WA, and all the great breweries
of Vancouver, BC if you head out that way. You see, the trail is just a
route from one brewery to the next! I think that's what the trail's founders
had in mind....

Andy