[pct-l] Printing Maps

Sean Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Sat Mar 7 15:29:24 CST 2009

Printing grayscale is the cheapest method.  I have a 11 year old B&W laser printer that I'm only on the 2nd or 3rd cartridge of toner since they last for more then 10K pages and they are really cheap too.  The cost of ink on my Color Laser and my inkjet is much higher and they don't last very long.  As for being able to clearly see the trail amongs the other grayscale lines, I was thinking that a couple of color highlighter pen would be the answer.  Highlight the tail in one color and then highlight any important features (springs etc) in another color.

-Sean

I have a single color laser printer. I suspect printing the maps in
grayscale would be the cheapest option, but the trail is hard to see in
some places in grayscale. I have printed the first map. Following the
trail through downtown (such as it is) Campo is difficult in grayscale
due to the nearby roads. The section where the trail is on the road was
one of the few places where I actually got confused as I was hiking.

Anyway, that is something that someone might try.