[pct-l] Maps

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 17:02:55 CST 2009

>>That's why I created the Pacific Crest Trail Atlas, which includes full
>>color annotated topographic maps, elevation profiles, town maps, and

I looked at the sample chapters you have available. Good stuff!

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the topo map data? That's a lot of beta to have done by one person. I know Bear Creek survey
did something similar for the Colorado Trail. It took them nearly six years and using professional grade GPS survey equipment. And that's only
500 miles!
http://www.bearcreeksurvey.com/colorado_trail_mapbook.htm

I am just curious at the logistics needed to create such a map set on your own for a nearly 2700 mile trail?

Be cool to do a similar project for the CDT... Just like to know what is involved.

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art